Requirements for student visa:
- The application form, together with a recent photo
- A passport valid for at least 90 days after the expiry date of the visa, with the photocopies of the pages with personal data
- Age over 14 years (in case of minors between 14 and 17 years old, a translated and legalized permission for the expatriation made by both the parents or guardians, must be attached)
- for study courses or vocational training a certificate of enrollment to the course or attending cultural activities is required
- adequate means of support
- Insurance policy to cover medical expenses
- Availability of accommodation;
- go and return air ticket or one-way ticket and the proof of financial means to return
- Documentation of employment and salary of parents for students who are their dependents and contacts of the parents
- Payment of consular fees.
The visa for study purposes can be issued to a foreign person, who wants to follow university courses, education and professional training at the institutions recognized or nonetheless qualified, and to a foreign person that conducts cultural and research activities.
The following people can also enter and stay in Italy for study purposes:
- adult foreigners admitted at courses of upper secondary education and higher technical education
- foreigners admitted at courses of vocational training and traineeships under quotas established by periodic Decreti Flussi (Decrees of Flows)
- foreigners aged fifteen years, in the presence of adequate guardians
- foreigners under the age of fourteen for the participation in exchange programs and cultural initiatives approved by the Ministry of Education, University and Research, or by the Ministry of Heritage and Culture
Obtaining a study visa requires a basic knowledge of Italian language, which is usually verified through an interview in Italian at the Italian Embassy or Consulate.
Translated by Polina Gracheva